Table of Contents Show
Playing with slime is surprisingly so soothing, the thick, glue-like, and elastic consistency that it is known for has a way of calming a person’s nerves. However, this glue-like consistency also makes it one hell of a job to get slime out of your hair if it mistakenly makes its way up there.
The big question at this point is- “are there ways to get slime out of your hair?”
Yes, you can get slime out of your hair by conditioning and shampooing it (in that order), or by using coconut oil, olive oil, mayonnaise, or vinegar to massage your scalp.
This is an occurrence that repeats endlessly with children because everything they play with tends to end up in the weirdest parts of their bodies or clothes and it is usually a chore to remedy the situation.
4 Best Ways to Get Slime Out Of Your Hair
When slime gets stuck in your hair, the first feeling that washes over you is frustration. If you’re familiar with how “gooey” or slimy it feels, you would know that the job of getting it out of your hair will most likely be a tough one to tackle.
We hear your worries out loud and clear, so we’ve provided the best ways to get slime out of your hair, and they can be done using items found in the household;
1. You can get slime out of your hair using shampoo and conditioner
The first option you should lean towards when your hair gets tangled in slime is washing your hair thoroughly with shampoo and conditioning it right after.
This might seem like a simple solution that does not require directions to get through since you’re already familiar with what washing your hair should naturally entail, but we’ve got a few helpful pointers that you would need if you’re trying to get slime out of your hair using shampoo and conditioner.
The process needs to be done meticulously to get all the slime out of your hair, so it is advisable that you find a friend or family member to help you out.
- Begin by rinsing your hair with some warm water
- Next, add a generous amount of conditioner to your hair and massage thoroughly into your hair and scalp.
- Gently use a tail comb to peel out the lumps of slime that must have scattered around your hair during the scalp massage.
- Thoroughly rinse out the conditioner from your hair as well as the slime you managed to peel out.
- Add shampoo to your hair and carefully massage, make sure you get every corner of your hair and your scalp as you do so.
- Rinse your hair, make sure you get all the slime out and then air dry it.
2. You can get slime out of your hair using oil
Slime has a lot of oil added to it, which is partly responsible for the gooey consistency that makes it greasy and sticky especially when it gets stuck in your hair.
This also makes oil a great remedy for getting rid of slime in your hair, it can easily grease your hair and loosen the grip the dried slime has on it.
- Get some coconut oil or olive oil ready.
- Apply a reasonable amount of oil to the areas of your hair that have slime on them and massage your head and scalp gently to loosen the slime that has tangled your hair.
- The slime should have begun to slowly ease out, use a fine comb to get it out gently
- Finally, go in with the conditioner and shampoo to get all the slime out.
3. You can get slime out of your hair using mayonnaise
This may come as a surprise to many persons, but mayonnaise has an oily consistency that is very useful for getting slime to ease its hold on your hair. It’s a simple process and you can find mayonnaise in almost every home so you’re settled on this too.
- Massage 2 – 3 spoons of mayonnaise into the parts of your hair with slime, make sure you massage your scalp and every affected part of the hair gently.
- Get out all the slime pieces that have scattered around your hair with a comb.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner to make sure your hair is clean and free of all the slime.
4. You can get slime out of your hair with vinegar
Vinegar may be successful in getting slime out of your hair, but it also has the ability to cause damage to your hair as well.
This might be a little crazy but it works, vinegar has a compound consistency that works great at getting rid of slime stuck to your hair.
- Get apple cider vinegar or white vinegar and mix in a bowl with a cup of warm water.
- Pour this mixture into your hair and massage where the slime is stuck until you feel the slime begin to loosen
- After removing all the loosed slime, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner to make sure it’s completely clean.
The stress relief characteristic that people tend to enjoy when playing with slime makes it understandable that slime could get it anyone’s hair at some point while it is being played with.
You can play with your slime without having a care in the world since we’ve provided you with the best ways to get it out of your hair if it ever gets stuck.
It is important to be careful and avoid slime getting tangled with your hair, but when it does it is best to clean it out as soon as possible, this makes the process easier and the results more yielding.
Make sure you purchase non-toxic or non-sticky slime to make sure that it is much easier to get out of your hair, with these less greasy and less sticky slime forms you can have fun without a care in the world.