How do you do shiatsu massage at home? Massages are good, they’re regarded as a therapy that uses different contact of various kinds to calm, regenerate and heal the body. In many ways, massages help you feel good and have a beneficial effect on your entire body- your bones, muscles, heart, skin, metabolism, and psychological health.
There are several, different forms of massage, each with different sources and objectives in general – while some focuses on relaxing muscle pain, some seek to enhance a particular body posture, pressures, and temperature, and some to help you relax.
This also means that you may not be needing all some massages at a time. If you are looking to relieve stress and to feel relaxed, then the SHIATSU massage is what you need.
What Is The Shiatsu Massage?
Shiatsu is a form of massage that originates from Japan. in Japanese, it means “finger pressure”. It is best for people who want to feel relaxed and relieve stress. The techniques involved include massages with fingers, thumbs, feet, and palms. the therapist utilizes diverse, rhythmical pressure on some particular points of the body, i.e., the limbs, joints.
These points are called points of acupressure, and they are believed to be critical for the flow of the vital energy of the body, known as “qi”. Shiatsu can help relieve blockage at the acupressure stages.
Benefits Of The Shiatsu Massage
Here are some of the benefits of shiatsu massage;
- One of the most important benefits of the shiatsu is that it restores and retains energy. This can be particularly good for those who suffer from tiredness or weakness.
- Shiatsu massage reduces fatigue, pressure, and anxiety.
- It can also help to provide relief to pain caused by headache and arthritis
- It facilitates recovery and related complications from sprains.
- It can reduce concerns with either a sore neck or any pain in the body.
How often should I get a shiatsu massage?
Knowing that the shiatsu massage works well to help the body get balance, a routine shiatsu massage is a great way to preserving health and maximizing longevity. For some people, one session of shiatsu session is enough to attain the balance that they require. However, for others, it may be more or less. Depends on the state of your wellbeing and your therapist.
One of the questions asked by supporters of the shiatsu massage is that Can the shiatsu be practiced at home? Yes! The shiatsu can be performed at home and on yourself, as long as you can reach the points.
How to Do Shiatsu At Home (Complete Guide)
1. Shiatsu For Energy Flow:
There are two methods to perform the shiatsu massage for energy flow.
- Hold your right foot in your palms.
- Put your index fingers beneath your toes, and rub the top in an upward direction with your thumbs.
- Continue this massage for 5- 10 minutes on the right toe. Do the same routine for your other toe.
- Place your two hands on your chest, tightly.
- Massage your chest with both hands, by pushing it up and down.
Both messages can be done together, twice a day. It can also be done alternatively; one in the morning and the other at night.
2. Shiatsu For Anxiety And Stress
- for 30 seconds, apply pressure to your left palm with your right thumb.
- Pull the four fingers of your left hand, with your right hand for 5 seconds
- Then, make use of your right thumb to aggressively massage the entire left palm for 30-60 seconds
- Perform the same routine for your other hand.
- Repeat this exercise twice daily.
- Put your both hands on your head and place your fingers on your scalp.
- Gently apply pressure on your temples, move your thumbs in circular motions while breathing deeply for 5 – 10 minutes daily.
- Continue this routine daily.
3. Shiatsu For Insomnia
- Make a fist with your left hand
- Apply pressure to your left wrist, with your right thumb for 5 – 10 minutes
- Continue the same routine for the second hand.
- Press the fingers of your left hand, with your right thumb and index fingers.
- Continue this routine for 5 t0 10 times
- Switch hands and repeat.
4. Shiatsu for lower back pain
- Lie down with your back and feet flat on the floor, and bend one of your knees upward.
- Put your hands on your sides and relax.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath from your abdomen
- Continue the exercise with your other leg.
- Place both hands on either side of your lower back, so that your finger lay on the top of your buttock, where your back ends, with your thumbs pointing outward
- Apply pressure for about 5 seconds
- Move your fingers vertically, through your back, pressing each point for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 5 – 10 times.
5. Shiatsu For Relaxation
- Kneel on the floor and tuck in your feet under your buttock.
- Apply pressure by pressing the middle point of the sole of your feet, with your thumb.
- Continue this routine on all the points for about 10 minutes.
- Hold your foot in both hands and apply pressure to the sole of your foot, with your thumb
- Massage the entire sole for 5 – 1o minutes
- Continue the same routine for both legs
- This exercise can be done twice daily.
You do not have to spend a huge amount of money getting a professional massage all the time, you can do the shiatsu at home, by yourself. It is important to remember that the shiatsu should not be performed on broken bones, injuries, or deep cuts.
Also, shiatsu on some parts of the body is not recommended for pregnant women. If you’ll be getting a person to perform the shiatsu, make sure such a person is a professional and not a beginner. Most importantly, always remember to stay calm.